Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New New Year's Resolution

It didn't take long for me to break a pre-pre-New Year's Eve resolution that I would stop inflicting fiber experiments on my family when gifts are part of our celebrations.  Sorry ladies and gentlemen.  I'll do my best to keep the presents to things you might actually use or be able to regift.

At the same time I am partially confirming a real resolution to knit and crochet more and do less housework.  While I was guilty of washing the kitchen floor this morning and am in the process of baking a couple of squashes, I will be working in fiber and blogging about it much more this year. 

This is the beginning of a scarf using size 6 needles, and Vanna's Glamour in Diamond.  The pattern is a simple one: Two rows, one patterned and the other plain knit.  The result is a sparkling chevron pattern with eyelets.  I've condensed the pattern row onto a post-it so it can be carried with me in my tiny turquoise project tote.  The pattern can be found in Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders

I'm thinking this collection of patterns is going to get a lot of use.  I do enjoy spinning novelties and working with luxury fibers, but I usually run out of oomph after one or two 300 yard skeins.  Because chevrons play well with variegated yarns, and judiciously placed eyelets play nice with fuzzy yarns, I can see that this little blingy scarf will be a staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment