Monday, August 15, 2011

She's Gone MAD, I tell you, MAD!!!

I just threw caution to the wind and registered for a spinning class with Jacey Boggs at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival next month.

Caution to the wind?  Yes, I work every Sunday so actually asking for a Sunday off during this recession is as close to "Oh MY God SHES Jumping OUT of the AIRPLANE!" as I can get and I'm extremely uncomfortable about it right now. And a Sunday off to do what?  Spin Thick and Thin yarn and then COIL IT?  Jeez!  Talk about crazy.

But seriously, I gotta go to the Sheep and Wool Festival for the smell of sheep and dogs and people as obsessed with fiber as I am.  I need to find sheep dairies in driving distance so that I can pick up Pecorino Romano and Feta when I MUST HAVE IT. I must see the latest in this, that and the other. And I must take a spinning class.

I'm spinning some thickNthin right now for use as an accent on a hand-spun, hand-dyed, hand-knit beret.  And I'm feeling insecure about it because I don't know if what I've learned from reading books is really enough for this.

Insecure in my work insecure in my crafts or insecure in my arts.  Which is the most tolerable ache?

None of the above.
Utilitarian Watch Band

And following up on my previous post about a different itch I wish to stop scratching, here is a utilitarian watch band, which I whomped up and I will be happy to share the pattern if anyone is interested.

That's it for today though perhaps not for the week.  Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment